The Princess and the Pea
Saturday & Sunday, November 17 - 18 ● 2:00 pm
Sunday, December 16 ● 1:00 / 2:30 / 4:00 pm
Spring Concert 2019
Saturday, March 16 ● 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
Buy tickets online or call Miller at 387-2300
For over 35 years Ballet Arts Ensemble (BAE) has provided outstanding dance productions for Kalamazoo
residents at family-friendly prices. This year’s spring concert is no exception! Artistic Director Cathleen Huling
has created an event that features diverse works, from the serious to the whimsical, sure to please a variety of tastes.
Current BAE members will be joined by BAE alumnae, students from the WMU Dance Department, and other
guest performers to present:
● A full-length performance of Les Sylphides with music by Frederic Chopin and choreography by Michel
Fokine as well as a pas de trois from Le Corsaire to music by Adolphe Adam
● A new work, choreographed by BAE alumna Margaret Huling to music of Léo Delibes
● Two contemporary pieces—a pas de deux performed by guest dancers Seyong Kim and Eun-Kyung
Chung and a premiere work by guest choreographer/dancer Lynn Bowman
● A reprise of Ms. Huling’s delightful Wee Bit o’ Irish, set to the music of the Belfast Harp Orchestra
● A fun swing piece to the music of the Manhattan Transfer, choreographed by Ms. Huling and members of
the BAE alumnae cast
As always, the concert will be at Chenery Auditorium. Make your reservations early to get the best seats for
Saturday, March 16, 2019, at 2 pm or 7 pm. Tickets go on sale Monday, February 4, at Miller Auditorium Box
Office (269.387.2300). Reserved seats are affordably priced at $14 (advance purchase) and $16 (at the door).
A special $12 group rate (purchased by March 15) is available for groups who purchase 20 or more tickets
Ballet Arts Ensemble © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Ballet Arts Ensemble
2018 Rambling Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Currently, the largest youth ballet company in the Kalamazoo area, BAE holds open auditions each May at Ballet Arts School of Dance. Dancers must be 12 years old, and girls must be on pointe. Ensemble members must take two classical ballet classes a week in addition to the weekly 4-hour Ensemble class/rehearsal block. An audition fee is required.
Please check the website in the spring for further details.